How do I create content in the Knowledge Library on Workplace?
Change platform:Computer Help
Content Moderators, System Admins and admins with the relevant custom admin role will have the ability to create content in the Knowledge Library.
These admins can also add any other Workplace user as an editor on a specific category by clicking Invite. The user will then have edit access to the category and all corresponding subcategories.
To create a new category or sub-category in the Knowledge Library:
- From your Workplace homepage, click Knowledge library.
- You can also access Knowledge Library here.
- Click Create Category in the top right.
- Select your category's title, icon color and image, then click Create Category.
- Once you have created your category, create a Blank layout, a Pre-formatted layout, or create a Resource List to gather helpful tools and files in one place.
- To add a sub category, click Add Subcategory on the left panel. You can add smaller subcategories within a subcategory.
- Select who can edit or view a category and its sub-categories by clicking Invite.
- When your category is ready click Save Draft or Update.
If you're a category admin, you can also add a hero image to the top of your category or subcategory.
To add a hero image:
- Go to the category or subcategory you'd like to add an image to.
- Click to choose your photo.
- You can click and drag to position your photo once you have selected it.
- Click Save Draft on the top right.
You can also migrate content to Knowledge Library from other platforms using an API.
Note: Only categories with viewers added to them can be seen by the selected audience. If there are no viewers selected, the category will remain in draft.